Are you an experienced Transport Scheduler looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like the chance to work for a leading haulage firm? If the answer is YES, our client wants to hear from you.
Our client is a successful Petroleum Tanker haulage company operating throughout the UK and Europe. Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit a Transport Scheduler to join their head office team in Laindon, Essex.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting into the Transport Manager and the Senior Scheduler & Scheduling Team Co-ordinator, the successful Transport Scheduler will be responsible for ensuring that all services are delivered to a high standard in accordance with customer requirements and company targets. This will be a dual role encompassing both scheduling and contact centre responsibilities. Your tasks will involve:
- Implementing scheduling plans - assigning drivers to routes in real time and ensuring that all critical deliveries are completed and rescheduled where necessary
- Load planning
- Route optimisation
- Monitoring and tracking deliveries to ensure deliveries are in accordance with the schedules
- Updating tracking details and sharing this information with customers and internal managers
- Producing weekly and monthly performance reports to monitor performance against KPIs.
- Responding to all incoming operational and delivery calls from drivers and customers in a timely and professional manner
- Recording employee absence from work notifications
- Monitoring and reporting driver issues such as; accidents, safety concerns, road closures etc
Could this be the ideal role for me?
If you have previous experience of transport scheduling combined with a CPC qualification, this could be the ideal role for you. The successful Transport Scheduler, will also need the following skills and competencies:
- Suitable industry qualifications / time served to demonstrate experience within the industry.
- Sound UK geographical knowledge
- Business standard IT skills, including rota systems and MS Office
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Flexibility on working hours essential
- Have a good use of intuition and problem-solving skills for productive outcomes
- Good self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on your own and under pressure
- Well organised individual with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Transport Scheduler, you will be offered a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Stakeholder Pension
- Holiday entitlement 20 days rising to 25 days after 5 years
- Free parking on site
- Training and Development - Support with continuous development
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Transport Scheduler, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.