Are you an experienced Night Shift Transport Supervisor looking for an exciting new challenge? Would you like the chance to work for a leading haulage firm? If the answer is YES, our client wants to hear from you.
Our client is a successful Petroleum Tanker haulage company operating throughout the UK and Europe with long term contracts with ‘blue chip’ client base. Due to continued success and growth, they are now looking to recruit a Night Shift Transport Supervisor to join their head office team in Laindon, Essex.
What will I be responsible for?
Reporting into the Transport Manager, the successful Night Shift Transport Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that all services are delivered to a high standard in accordance with customer requirements and company targets. This will be a dual role encompassing both scheduling and contact centre responsibilities. Your tasks will involve:
- Implementing scheduling plans - assigning drivers to routes in real time and ensuring that all critical deliveries are completed and rescheduled where necessary.
- Load planning
- Route optimisation
- Monitoring and tracking deliveries to ensure deliveries are in accordance with the schedules
- Updating tracking details and sharing this information with customers and internal managers
- Producing weekly and monthly performance reports to monitor performance against KPIs.
- Responding to all incoming operational and delivery calls from drivers and customers in a timely and professional manner
- Recording employee absence from work notifications
- Monitoring and reporting driver issues such as: accidents, safety concerns, road closures etc
Could this be the ideal role for me?
If you have previous experience of transport scheduling, this could be the ideal role for you. The successful Night Shift Transport Supervisor, will also need the following skills and competencies:
- Suitable industry qualifications / time served to demonstrate experience within the industry.
- Sound UK geographical knowledge
- Business standard IT skills, including rota systems and MS Office
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- Flexibility on working hours essential
- Have a good use of intuition and problem-solving skills for productive outcomes
- Good self-starter with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work on your own and under pressure
- Well organised individual with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
Shift: combination of Night and Day shifts as follows:
- Week 1: Monday & Tuesday (19:00 > 7:00) + Saturday and Sunday (4:00 > 16:00)
- Week 2: Wednesday / Thursday / Friday (19:00 > 7:00)
Rewards & Benefits
In return for your hard work as our Night Shift Transport Supervisor, you will be offered a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Stakeholder Pension
- Holiday entitlement 20 days rising to 25 days after 5 years
- Free parking on site
- Training and Development - Support with continuous development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- regular overtime available
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Night Shift Transport Supervisor, we want to hear from you. Please click APPLY below to register your interest.