Do you have experience working in a NADCAP role? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
As a worldwide specialist in calibration and asset management services, our stated mission is to optimize the industrial performance of our different clients by enhancing their measurement processes. Starting in 1999, Trescal has grown massively covering a total of 26 countries worldwide… Would you like to be a part of our success?
We have an exciting opportunity for a NADCAP Calibration Engineer based at our client’s site in Wolverhampton.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining our team as a NADCAP Calibration Engineer, you will be responsible for calibrating measuring instrumentation used in Customer NadCap accredited processes in accordance with ISO 9001, Company Procedures, NadCap regulations, recognised specifications, etc. On a daily basis, this will involve:
- Perform calibration of customer equipment using approved procedures and good Metrology practice. Calibrating measuring instrumentation on a customer site to traceable and accredited standards.
- Ensure all certificates and records are completed accurately; check completion dates and worksheet instructions to ensure work is completed on time.
- Participate in NadCap, customer surveillance and accreditation audits.
- Maintain the availability of the Laboratory standards as dictated by the Head of Laboratory or equivalent.
- Perform internal cross comparison audits within the Laboratory.
- Produce and audit calibration procedures for use within the Laboratory for customer calibration.
- Develop measurement uncertainty budgets for customer calibrations.
- Conduct all duties in accordance with Company Health and Safety procedures and policies.
- Provide technical support to colleagues on request in line with capability.
- Additional reasonable duties as required by the role and Career Level.
- Work unsupervised to approved calibration procedures and uncertainty budgets.
- Understand and utilise calibration procedures and have a good understanding of the importance and application of the AMS2750 standard in calibration.
- Meet all guidelines, as laid down by the latest AMS 2750 standard.
- Sign certificates in the agreed area of expertise.
- Maintain and produce accurate calibration records enabling the production of calibration certificates.
Our ideal NADCAP Calibration Engineer
- Ideally a technical qualification such as HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above.
- Good understanding of calibration practices and theories.
- Have attended the PRI AMS 2750 Pyrometry course.
- An understanding of the different thermocouples types, cable types, cold junctions and connectors.
- Good understanding of Windows-based (Excel and Word) and laboratory automation software.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision & manage your own workload
- The ability to understand / interpret technical diagrams will be advantageous.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible as there may be overtime working requirements.
What can we offer you?
Joining our team as a NADCAP Calibration Engineer, you will be offered a highly competitive salary plus 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance and Perkbox.
At Trescal, every employee is the entrepreneur of their job and their career. They participate in building the satisfaction and confidence of our clients, contribute to the entrepreneurial adventure of our companies and create our Group’s identity. We offer various development programmes which are ILM accredited.
If you have the skills and experience to excel as a NADCAP Calibration Engineer, click apply today to register your interest.