This is a wonderful opportunity to work for a well-established housing association working within social housing sector.
Our client is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant to join our team in the NW10 area.
What will I be responsible for?
Joining the team as a Finance Assistant, you will be carrying out varied administration duties including:
- Coding and posting of invoices on to finance system
- Ensure records and databases are kept up to date
- Supplier statement reconciliation
- Supporting Credit control, raising Sales Invoices
- Checking and monitoring housing benefit claims ensuring correct payments are being received.
- Posting and reconciliation of Credit Card statements
- Regularly chasing any receipts not received for submitted expenses or credit cards
- Monitor that invoices are approved by the Budget Holders in line with supplier payment credit terms
- Providing general assistance to the finance team – covering for absences within the team
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the business
Could this be the ideal role for me?
To be successful in the role of Finance Assistant, you will need to have at least some previous experience in a similar role. You will also require:
- Good knowledge of IT packages- MS Excel, Word, Outlook or similar (preferred)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and be willing to learn
- Excellent work ethic, honest and diligent
- Clean DBS check will be required.
- Ability to work on your own initiative but also work well as part of a team
- Great attention to detail
- Knowledge of accounting software will be an asset
What we offer:
In return for your hard work as our Finance Assistant, you will be offered:
- Full time position
- Competitive salary of £20,000 - £25,000
- Immediate start
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to excel in the role of Finance Assistant, APPLY TODAY!