Do you have exceptional customer service skills and a flair for dealing with the public?
Do you have experience working in a busy sales environment and an interest in theatre?
We are looking for a talented individual to join our busy Box Office team as a Sales Advisor based at The Core at Corby Cube.
In this customer facing sales role, the Sales Advisor will provide excellent customer service by ensuring the smooth processing of ticket sales within Northampton Arts Management Trust’s Box Office operation. This includes providing information about shows, encouraging charitable donations to the theatre, and creating a welcoming reception environment and courteous point of contact for all visitors.
Working shifts, the Sales Advisor will be a part of the wider Sales team and will be responsible for achieving individual sales targets as set by the management team.
22.5 hours per week (3 x 7.5-hour shifts). Flexible working on a rota basis including regular evening and weekends is required. The role is based in Corby at The Core at Corby Cube.
- To be responsible for selling tickets for all venues for which NAMT provide Box Office services and proactively work to ensure achievement of sales targets for all shows; identifying opportunities to upsell, cross-sell and promote loyalty and subscription.
- To ensure excellent, informed and courteous service for customers at all times.
- To assist the smooth-running of the Box Office by correctly taking cash, cheques, voucher or card bookings in person and by telephone.
- To stay up to date with the venue’s website and online booking features so as to be able to provide advice and assistance to customers as required.
- To be responsible for the safe-keeping of individual floats and keys, and reconciling takings at the end of the shift.
- To be fully conversant with all aspects of the programme for the venues the Box Office team provide services for in order to advise customers in person, via phone or email.
- To actively encourage purchases and multiple/related purchases by being aware of the selling points of each production and to be able to communicate these to potential customers.
- To take bookings and provide information on the relevant participation programmes, and to promote and be enthusiastic about the activities provided by the venues beyond their stages.
- To sell and encourage membership and donation. To be aware of current fundraising campaigns and targets and encourage customers to donate on each interaction.
- To understand the importance of accurate customer data and ensure customer records are correctly maintained, working to ensure a high level of opt-in for contact permissions from customers in accordance with set targets, company procedures and current Data Protection legislation.
- To be conversant with TESSITURA and Microsoft office software packages, including Outlook, Word and Excel. To use these skills to assist effective communication and administration within the Box Office team and throughout the organisation.
- To log and field enquiries or complaints from customers effectively, taking personal responsibility to work towards a resolution before passing them on to the relevant manager/department if necessary.
For full Job Description, please see our website.
- Minimum of 6 months’ experience working in a ticket/box office or similar busy sales orientated environment.
- An interest in theatre, arts and cultural activities.
- A commitment to diversity, representation & inclusion.
- Flair for dealing with the public, with excellent customer service skills and demonstrable ability to talk enthusiastically about a range of products.
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for working as part of a team, with willingness to take responsibility when required.
- Confidence in upselling and cross-selling events and encouraging increased spend including donations.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A proven ability to handle demanding and difficult situations with the public, in a calm and confident manner.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a pressured environment without compromising on quality and accuracy.
- Able to adapt to a lively and constantly changing programme and environment, with a flexible attitude and willingness to learn.
- Strong organisational and timekeeping skills.
- A flexible approach to working patterns, with the willingness to work varying shifts, including regular evenings and weekends.
- Experience of operating computerised ticketing systems, ideally TESSITURA.
- Previous experience/involvement in the arts.
- Cash handling/till reconciliation experience.
- Able to drive with access to own vehicle.
Closing Date: Tuesday 14th February 2023
Interviews: Tuesday 21st February 2023
How To Apply
Please submit a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) stating your relevant experience, knowledge and skills for the role along with your CV.
As part of our commitment to being an inclusive employer, we would like you to complete an equal opportunity monitoring form. You will receive an email from us to acknowledge your application which will include a link to complete this.
For further information about The Core at Corby Cube, Royal and Derngate and this Sales Advisor role, please see our websites.
Northamptonshire Arts Management Trust (NAMT) provides shared services for arts venues in the county; from strategic and managerial leadership, to show and film programming, IT, administrative, accounting and marketing support.
Working together as a group of companies, NAMT partners with The Core at Corby Cube (The Core) and Royal & Derngate, Northampton (incorporating the Northampton Filmhouse) (R&D).