Has anyone ever told you that you are outstanding at what you do? Do you live and breathe procurement and setting the tone of a department? If you do, then we need to talk.
Due to continued growth Tingdene Homes are expanding the team and recruiting for a Head of Procurement
The Head of Procurement will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the procurement function and for the day to day operation of purchasing, logistics of material supply chain and the warehouse operations. The mandate for the Head of Procurement is to make significant and measurable improvements in cost and service quality, whilst seeking continuous internal improvements in process, systems and company engagement.
Your responsibilities will include building and leading a team of Procurement Professionals and warehouse staff to deliver the companies medium-term plan, and embedding and maintaining new procurement systems, processes and responsibilities across the wider business functions.
Overview of role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, implementation and on-going management of the Procurement Strategy for the company to influence legal compliance of procurement policy and supporting legislation and to generate value for money.
- To lead the development and implementation of procurement policies and system strategies to support tendering, contracts management, spend analytics and supplier performance management.
- To drive continuous improvements, best value and quality improvements within the team and departments in challenging existing practices and actively seek ways to achieve better outcomes, contributing to ensure key performance and financial targets are met and corrective action taken where necessary.
- Lead all major procurement exercises with guidance from the board.
- Review supplier portfolio and ensure all suppliers benefit the business and provide value for money.
- Nurture existing relationships with existing Suppliers to reduce costs whilst still delivering benefits to the business.
- Highlight inefficient spending to drive savings on external costs.
- To leverage resources across all boundaries to support business goals, bringing all expertise necessary to address the institutions challenges to safeguard against contractual and commercial risk.
- To work with the companies 'Value for Money’ strategy to identify and capitalise on purchasing opportunities as they arise.
- To report to the Commercial Director and respective board as may be required from time to time to provide up to date status reports on procurement to include development, demonstrate value for money and compliance to regulatory procurement requirements, including Anti-Bribery and Corruption and Fraud.
- To ensure all aspects of regulatory compliance are adhered to in regard to the respective Procurement Policies and external requirements such as implement strategies that safeguard the companies’ contractual and commercial risk.
- To develop excellent and effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and external providers and other agencies to ensure strategic and operational needs are fully understood and incorporated.
Procurement | Purchasing | Park Leisure Homes | Holiday | Lodge | Material | Leadership | IT Literate | GDPR | Communication | KPIs | Leadership | Project Management | Budget Control | Compliance | Tendering | Bid Management | Reporting | CIPS | Construction | Manufacturing
30 days annual leave - inclusive of statutory days / Aviva Workplace Pension Scheme | Loyalty Holiday | Life Cover 1.5-time salary
The following points are requirements of the role.
- Graduate level or equivalent education.
- High level emotional intelligence, strongly assertive, confident and high self-esteem.
- At least 5 years procurement experience in a major UK or international company. Demonstrating healthy progression in that time, preferably with a manufacturing bias.
- Extensive experience working as a Head of Procurement.
- A proven track record implementing procurement process, SRM and contract management.
- Financial management and legal knowledge.
- Extensive experience using procurement tools to drive automation within the procurement processes.
- Proven experience negotiating contracts.
- Park Home and Leisure lodge industry experience or similar knowledge.
- CIPS is desirable but not essential.
- Manufacturing or construction based back ground.
A proudly independent business, Tingdene Homes continued success is built on an unwavering commitment to quality and innovation, with a proven record spanning 50 years.
Based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, employing 220 people and is a steadfast and long-standing supporter of British manufacturing.
All homes and lodges are constructed to BS3632 standards in its state-of-the-art production facility, positioned just a stone’s throw from their Head Office and Visitor Centre, which remains the UK’s only permanent indoor exhibition space for park homes and holiday lodges.