If you are a natural leader with a passion for Customer Service then we may have the role for you!
Our Customer Experience Supervisors are responsible for leading our large team of Customer Experience Assistants and Volunteer Ushers. They are confident communicators with the ability to multi-task and have a can-do attitude.
Applicants must have previous experience operating at a supervisory level in a busy venue.
- Actively involved in ensuring that the Customer Experience Team offer the highest levels of service to our customers.
- Making sure the staff and volunteers are correctly equipped, informed and prepared for their work.
- To develop and improve the Customer Experience department, implementing ideas and providing feedback back to management.
- To be able to represent the theatre with professionalism and enthusiasm.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- With the Customer Experience Management Team, lead and support the Customer Experience Team Members and Volunteers in delivering a complex and busy Front of House operation.
- Ensure accuracy in processes and procedures of operating all systems relating to the Customer Experience Team, including the Zonal till system.
- Ensure the Front of House operation is compliant with all health and safety, licensing, and company processes and procedures.
- During performances, to be present Front of House of the building ensuring that areas are run smoothly, and that any problems are dealt with immediately and effectively.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the show and the impact on operations e.g. running times, latecomers, age policy and special effects.
- Strive to achieve an inclusive Customer Experience journey for all our patrons.
- To liaise with the Customer Experience Management Team prior to the shift in order to be confident of all Front of House operational matters and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Pro-actively participate in fire drills with the Customer Experience Management Team.
- Contribute to a culture of risk prevention by ensuring all operations relating to the Customer Experience department are carried out in line with all legislative and company procedures.
- Support and motivate the Customer Experience Team leading by example and creating a team culture that strives for excellence and delivering a premium service for every customer.
- Assist the Customer Experience Management Team in developing strategies to ensure the venue provides a first-class Customer Experience
- Assessing the customer journey, reviewing feedback and action points in collaboration with Experience Management.
- Build a positive relationship with other departments within the theatre, ensuring effective communication and following up with performance based problems in a timely manner.
- Work with the Customer Experience Management Team to ensure all staff are trained and inducted effectively into the business.
- Proactively participate in company led training schemes, taking responsibility for your own personal development.
- Commitment to creating and upholding a positive, inclusive culture that nurtures potential and supports well-being.
- Having a positive attitude to health and safety and take care to understand our policies and procedures, helping us uphold a positive culture around meeting the team’s obligations.
- Wear and maintain the uniform provided and inform management of any damage or loss.
For further information about Royal & Derngate and to view the full job description, please see our website (Large Print & Audio available).
- No Guaranteed Hours.
- Shifts allocated in advance of following month based on specified availability.
- The post-holder must be able to work evenings and weekends to include Friday & Saturday nights and Bank Holidays as these are the core operating times.
- Contributory staff pension, 5% employee and 3% employer
- Free Employee Assistance Programme run by Health Assured
- Complimentary tickets available on selected shows throughout the year
- 10% discount at our bars and theatre shop
- A minimum of 1 years’ working experience of managing a large team of staff at a supervisor level.
- Knowledge and experience of operating a busy venue.
- Experience of cash handling and stock control.
- Strong leadership skills and be able to manage and motivate a varied team of staff.
- Health & Safety.
- Manual Handling.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active, can-do and passionate attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Great motivator.
- Cash reconciliation.
- Working in an arts environment.
- Leading and motivating a large team.
- Confident trainer.
- Experience of implementing customer service standards.
- Experience in driving revenue from sales.
- First Aid qualification.
- Personal Licence qualification or understanding of licensing laws.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th August 2022
Interview Date: Thursday 11th August 2022
How To Apply
Please submit a Covering Letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) stating your relevant experience, knowledge and skills for the role along with your CV.
You will receive an email from us to acknowledge your application which will include a link to complete an equal opportunities monitoring form and an availability form.
We are an inclusive organisation, committed to fair recruitment, and equality of opportunity. We particularly welcome applications from those whose backgrounds are currently under-represented in our workforce and in the Arts more widely. We want to encourage socio-economic diversity, as well as representation from ethnically diverse groups, people who identify as D/deaf and disabled and/or those who identify as LGBTQ+.
Royal & Derngate Northampton is the main venue for arts and entertainment in Northamptonshire, with attendances for live events and films numbering 358,000 last year, and an additional 119,000 seeing its work on tour at over 100 venues. Named Regional Theatre of the Year in The Stage Awards in 2011 (and nominated again in 2016), the theatre won the UK Theatre Awards for Best Presentation of Touring Theatre in 2015 and Best Touring Production in 2016 for The Herbal Bed, and The Stage Ensemble Award and a Fringe First for Education, Education, Education in 2017.