Location : Leeds , United Kingdom
Salary : £35000.00 to £50000.00 per annum
Posted : 09/28/2021
Position: Full time
Are you ready to take the next step in your career and work towards becoming an adviser with us?
Can you play a significant part in our future expansion and succession plans?
You might be ready to advise now or maybe you need some more support and training until you’re there – whichever, we will support you. Our mission is to hire an adviser so, if you do some paraplanning work for us in the interim, we won’t plan on it being for long.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a planner or paraplanner to join an established financial advisory business that has great clients. Our MD and sole adviser is extremely busy and we are keen to bring an additional financial planner into our company to take over some of our existing client relationships and look after new clients that come to the firm.
This is the chance to be mentored and learn from our MD and shadow him in his day-to-day client adviser role. You will fully immerse yourself with our clients and get to know the way we work inside out. When the time is right, you will become a stand-alone adviser catering for the needs of some of our existing clients and taking on new ones.
As a business, we offer a comprehensive financial planning service including cashflow forecasting as well as pension and investment work. Our business is based on long-term client relationships, offering excellent levels of service, and working with a small number of high-net-worth client families.
The role we are seeking to fill could best be described as a Shadow Adviser or Technical Paraplanner or Trainee / Junior Adviser working alongside our MD and existing team members. You will be a key player in a small team and have input to both client advice and business processes as a whole. Your role will change and your responsibilities will increase as you spend more time with us.
Initial responsibilities will fall under the following categories:
Meetings and advice
• Preparing the adviser for the meetings in line with our processes.
• Preparing agendas and proactively considering planning angles.
• Attending meetings with the MD.
• Producing minutes and delivering action points.
• Preparing compliant and friendly advice that is appealing in presentation.
• Form a lasting and trusting relationship with clients by delivering excellent advice.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ personalities, aims, objectives and financial situations.
• Handle all issues that arise that are passed on from client services and do not require input from the MD.
• Liaise with clients’ other professional advisers as required.
There will be the opportunity for homeworking after an initial settling in period.
• Several years financial planning industry experience gained in either an adviser or paraplanner role.
• Ideally Chartered or working towards.
• Competent with cash flow forecasting and all technical aspects of day-to-day client work specifically in pensions and investments.
• Team player with the ability to develop strong internal and external relationships.
• Strong communication skills and able to become a trusted adviser.
• The desire to become and adviser and take responsibility for a bank of clients.
Keywords: IFA, advisor, wealth manager, investment, retirement, advice, pensions, independent, paraplanner, trainee adviser, junior adviser.
Cordiner Wealth is a long-established financial planning business with a reputation for diligence, expertise and building long-term relationships with clients. We recognise similar values in the clients that we work for. They are people who have worked hard and have clear goals for the future, they are no strangers to a challenge nor are they unfamiliar with perseverance and determination. They are serious about what they do for a living, but they also want fulfilment – they work to live, not the other way round. We recognise these values because we share them. We know about the difficulties of forging a unique path, just as we know the triumph of achievement. We've persevered in building our business our own way - fiercely independent and dedicated to our clients.
We are using a third-party recruitment firm Recruitment Rebellion Limited to run this campaign for us. Please do apply through the advert and not to us directly as your application may be missed if you do. Please, no agencies.